Summer Time is Grilling Time in Paducah & Mayfield Kentucky
We are in the grasp of an unprecedented heat wave with the heat index well above 100! You might be thinking it is too hot to be outside grilling. However, it might be a good idea.
An electric company radio Ad suggested grilling as a way to reduce your energy usage and avoid using the stove or oven. The heat from the oven can increase the temperature in the kitchen by 10 degrees! So, your air conditioner goes into overtime to keep up.
Here are a few safety tips on grilling.
For gas/propane grills:
- Check the gas tank for leaks before using.
- Open the lid on all gas grills before lighting the grill.
For charcoal grills:
- Use only charcoal starter fluid to start the fire but never add it or any flammable liquids to a fire that is already burining.
- Cool coals completely before you dispose of them in a metal container.
- Place grill well away from house and deck railings. Don't place under eaves or branches.
- Never leave the grill unattended when in use.
Be safe and enjoy the summer grilling activity!
SERVPRO of Paducah & Mayfield is available 24/7 for FIRE, WATER, & MOLD cleanup & restoration.